Saturday, August 27, 2011

Lopez Island

I have spent most of the month of August on my beloved Lopez Island, WA. This is our sixth summer on the island and the longest stretch.  Next year we are thinking of staying for two months.

I have set up a small studio in the basement of the house we rent and thanks to a gracious landlord, I will be able to leave my tools here.  It is very primitive but functional.

Here is a prototype I did of a pendent.  It is a spin off of one I designed for my beginning student's first setting project. I think it turned out pretty nice but I am not crazy about the size relationship of the stone (carnelian) to the back plate (fire patina copper).  As well the overall size is a bit clunky for me. Pardon the background, I don't have a backdrop here.

No comments:

Post a Comment