Monday, June 28, 2010

Grand Finally


OK, so it has been a while since I have posted. Here is a partial why...I volunteered to head up a collaborative sculpture project for the Downtown Highland Park Coalition (kind of like a chamber of commerce for the downtown merchants in Highland Park, IL), to promote their 4th of July fireworks show. My thought was that I would put in a few hours coordinating and another couple of hours spinning a base for it, out of copper.


Well...about 80 hours later we finished. That is, about 80 hours of my time. I figure there is at least a couple of hundred man hours in it. We had six of my students, five of their kids and two other instructors working on it. It was a lot of work but all-in-all, I think it was a positive experience.


Here is a not so great picture of the finished sculpture which is now on display downtown Highland Park, IL (in front of the old Border's store).

No comments:

Post a Comment